America’s “big problem,” declared Donald Trump during the first GOP presidential debate, “is being politically correct.”
Many Americans first heard about “political correctness” back in 1990 from Newsweek’s iconic “THOUGHT POLICE” issue.
Newsweek’s astonishingly candid cover story accurately described the “PC” phenomenon – then blossoming on college campuses nationwide – as “Marxist” and “totalitarian” in origin.
Since then, political correctness and the powerfully totalitarian leftist agenda underlying it have turned many of America’s top universities into what historian William Lind calls “small, ivy-covered North Koreas.”
Today, a quarter century after Newsweek’s groundbreaking issue, WND’s acclaimed monthly Whistleblower magazine, in a mind-blowing issue headlined “THOUGHT POLICE 2016,” chronicles how the cancer of political correctness has metastasized into utter madness.
- • The term “American” is now considered offensive, at least according to the University of New Hampshire’s “Bias-Free Language Guide.”
- • Similarly, the following perfectly innocent phrases are now offensive, say today’s PC police: “There is only one race, the human race;” “I believe the most qualified person should get the job”; “Everyone can succeed in this society, if they work hard enough”; “Where are you from?”; and “Where were you born?”
- • In America’s once-great institutions of higher learning, students are now obsessed with “microaggressions” – well intentioned, harmless expressions including “America is the land of opportunity” – that somehow are considered a form of
- . Students are likewise demanding that “trigger warnings” be attached to great literature like “Huckleberry Finn” and “The Merchant of Venice,” to alert them to any possible discomfort they may feel while reading. Rather than preparing students to handle the stresses and challenges of the real world after they graduate, colleges are conditioning young adults to constantly identify as aggrieved victims for the slightest perceived, and often imaginary, offense.
- • Teachers live in abject fear of being criticized, boycotted, hauled before kangaroo tribunals or fired for offending someone’s –
- – sensibilities by saying the wrong thing. Students must be protected, after all, from (according to a recent Oberlin College memo to teachers) “racism, classism, sexism, heterosexism, cissexism, ableism, [and] capitalism.”
In short, campus life is becoming almost indistinguishable from living in a communist totalitarian regime.
But political correctness has also filtered out into the rest of society, converting what once was a land of unparalleled liberty, opportunity and prosperity into one of widespread fear, intimidation, degradation and utter confusion – all part of the relentlessly “leftward” (that is, downward) transformation of America.
Issue highlights include:
- • “‘Thought Police’ in the age of Obama” by David Kupelian, on how the left is using “political correctness” to transform the American mind
- • “The word ‘American’ deemed offensive by university ‘language guide'”
- • “Donald Trump: Warrior male extraordinaire” by Kent G. Bailey, Ph.D., in which the pioneering psychologist analyses GOP frontrunner as a “fearless leader against pagan forces of progressivism and political correctness”
- • “‘Trigger warnings’ – protecting tomorrow’s leaders from hurt feelings” by David Limbaugh, on how the liberal obsession with cradle-to-grave security now includes “emotional security” as well
- • “Are we Cambodia yet?” by Laura Hollis, who examines the “steel-booted certainty” of America’s speech silencers
- • “Attacking political correctness is now cool” by Joseph Farah, on how even liberals are “freaked out” about LGBT activists’ “really ugly intolerant streak”
- • “Academic elite: Greater threat than terrorists” by Walter Williams, who says, “These people want to replace personal liberty with government control”
- • “Politically correct campus lynch mobs” by Thomas Sowell, on why the left shows far less interest in stopping rape than in politicizing it
- • “‘Flag of racist hate’? American POW fires back” by Greg Corombos, on war hero who says attack on POW flag “takes political correctness crap to a whole new level”
- • “Authors document ‘The Coddling of the American mind'” by Art Moore, a shocking story on why students today are offended at being told “America is the land of opportunity”
- • “‘Lord of the Rings’ actor fears for civilization unwilling to choose good over evil”
- • “Berkeley isn’t ‘bastion of free speech’ Pakistani student expected”
- • “Politician convicted and fined for insulting Muslims”
- • “Comedians lament the death of humor”
- • “Did ‘political correctness’ pave way for the Boston bombing?” by Drew Zahn, in which the former head of the CIA tells Whistleblower: “We can’t defeat something we can’t talk about”
- • “Who stole our culture?” by William S. Lind, revealing the subversive and shocking roots of “political correctness”
- • “Trump cured a cancer – ‘political correctness'” by Barry Farber, who cheers the candidate’s “resounding blow” against “toxic” tyranny
- • “Immigration: Issue of the century” by Patrick Buchanan, who asks: “Do we think the riots and racial wars will stop if more come?”
“Donald Trump is right about political correctness,” said Whistleblower Editor David Kupelian. “It is like a disease that has infected America and is destroying it. The cure is truth, spoken boldly and courageously, but without hate. That’s what readers will find in abundance in “THOUGHT POLICE 2016.”
SPECIAL OFFER: For a limited time, subscribe to Whistleblower, renew or give a gift subscription for one year and you’ll get $10 off the already discounted rate (pay only $39.95 instead of the usual $49.95), plus you’ll receive TWO free gifts:
First, you’ll get a FREE copy of “Takedown: From Communists to Progressives, How the Left Has Sabotaged Family and Marriage” by Paul Kengor, Ph.D.
Although far left radicals, for ideological and strategic reasons, have long been trying to undermine and break up the American family, making their arguments and using various tactics over the course of the past century, it wasn’t until now that they found the vehicle to make it all happen: same-sex marriage.
Today, as the legal definition of marriage rapidly changes, the floodgates have finally opened and the fundamental transformation of the American family will now take on new speed and new dimensions.
How could this possibly happen?
In “Takedown,” Kengor exposes the origins of far left forces and reveals their obsession with redefining marriage and the family structure, starting with Karl Marx. He goes on to reveal to readers the sordid history of people like Margaret Sanger, Wilhelm Reich, Herbert Marcuse and assorted ’60s radicals, showing how what were once fringe concepts have become accepted by mainstream thought and are today welcomed by many legislators and judges – including, most recently, a majority of justices on the U.S. Supreme Court.
“Takedown” exposes how gay marriage is serving as a Trojan horse for the far left to secure the final takedown of marriage that it has long wanted, and countless everyday Americans are oblivious to the deeper forces at work. “Takedown” takes no prisoners and bluntly shows the reader that even Karl Marx and his more anti-marriage comrade Engels would be dumbfounded at the mere thought that modern Americans would gladly join them in their rejection of God’s design for natural marriage and the family.
Paul Kengor, Ph.D., is a bestselling author whose works include “11 Principles of a Reagan Conservative,” “The Crusader: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism” and “The Communist: Frank Marshall Davis: the Untold Story of Barack Obama’s Mentor.” (An $18.95 value, yours FREE as WND’s gift for subscribing to Whistleblower!)
Second, you’ll get a copy of the special Whistleblower issue that many readers have told us is one of the best EVER – namely, “MARXISM, AMERICAN-STYLE.”
To most people, the very idea of “Marxism in America” sounds absurd. After all, this is the “land of the free,” plus we won the Cold War against the Soviet Union and its failed Marxist “utopia,” didn’t we?
Yes, but the truth is, the good old USA – after sending hundreds of thousands of its finest young people overseas to fight and die to combat the evils of Marxism – has quietly and steadily succumbed to the same ideological seduction right here at home.
“MARXISM, AMERICAN-STYLE” reveals with jaw-dropping clarity how Marx’s godless, materialist ideology – characterized by an all-consuming obsession with government control of resources and production, as well as the radical “redistribution” of wealth and power to perpetually aggrieved “victim” segments of society – is increasingly dominating America.